How well do you know your dere’s? In this fun little blog post I am going to go over the different types of dere’s. Everyone knows the basic most famous five dere’s, which are yandere, tsundere, kuudere,deredere, and dandere. However, did you know there are more! Crazy right?! lets dive into the realm of dere’s shall we!
Definition: A bodere refers to a character who is usually shy around those they’re infatuated with, and get embarrassed easily. (Source wiki fandom)
Personality: Bodere are the type that can’t handle their embarrassment, and is shy around the opposite sex. Bodere are known for using their fist more than their words. They are similar tsunderes however, they lack dialogue. Bodere is like a mix between tsundere, and dandere.
- Mahiru Inami from Working!!
Definition: A himedere refers to a character who wishes to be treated like a princess by the person she loves, even if they aren’t actual royalty. ( Source Wiki Fandom)
Personality: Basically similar to a tsundere, but too “princess-like” to be one. You will find that this particular dere type will have others do their work for them. They do this by giving orders to everyone around them. Himedere always put themselves first before anyone else, they typically do no care for other unless they love them.
- Himedere-chan from Kuudere Simulator 2
- Hatsune Miku (in certain songs)
- Sakuya Le Bel Shirogane from Hatoful Boyfriend
- Kizana Sunobu from Yandere Simulator
- Erina Nakiri from Shokugeki No Soma
Definition: A hinedere refers to a character who have cynical world views, are cold-hearted, and highly arrogant. ( Source Wiki Fandom)
Personality: To put it simply a hindere do have a soft side to them, but it is store deep down inside of them. You may see this soft side if they fall in love. However, 99% of the time this type of character is truly cold hearted, and arrogant just like the definition says.
- Hachiman Hikigaya from Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru
Definition: Kamidere is a Japanese term used to describe people ( usually anime characters) with a God-complex. ( Source Wiki Fandom)
Personality: We have stumble upon another highly arrogant dere, but this dere is also known to be proud, and speak their minds. Without a doubt they will show everyone how right they are, and how they are the best!
- Lelouch vi Britannia from Code Geass
- Light Yagami (Yagami Raito) from Death Note
- Asu Rito from Yandere Simulator
- Megami Saikou from Yandere Simulator
Definition: An oujidere refers to a character who wants to be treated like a prince. ( Source Wiki Fandom)
Personality: Oujidere are often viewed as arrogant due to them wanting to be treated like a prince … especially by their loved one. Even if they aren’t actually loyal they do not care … for this is what they believe they are. You will notice most oujidere’s have really bad attitudes. They are also demanding, and typically will speak down to you. You will be reminded constantly how much better he is than you.
- Lelouch from Code Geass
- Ayato Sakamaki from Diabolik Lovers
- Ciel Phantomhive from Black Butler
- Tsuzuro Yamazaki from Yandere Simulator
Definition: A tsundere is a character who is initially cold and even hostile towards their love interest, before gradually showing a warmer side over time. (Source Wiki Fandom)
Personality: Oh the famous good old tsundere! Tsundere’s are usually embarrassed by, or don’t know what to do with their romantic feelings. This results in them becoming very aggressive, and self centered. This more so happens when they are close to the one they love. ” As tsundere characters develop, and accept their feelings, they will often remain in “tsun” mode in public but become more and more “dere” when in private” – Wiki Fandom
- Izumi Akazawa from Another
- Ran Shibuki from Aikatsu!
- Osana Najimi from Yandere Simulator
- Tsundere-chan from Kuudere Simulator
- Asuka Langley Soryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Naru Narusegawa from Love Hina
- Yukari Takeba from Persona 3
- Misty from Pokemon
- Lulu from Final Fantasy X
- Taiga Aisaka from ToraDora!
- Natsuki from Doki Doki Literature Club!
- Sada Nishida from Nishitaro
- Haruhi Suzumiya from The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Rin Tohsaka from Fate/Stay Night
- Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière from Zero no Tsukaima
- Saaya Agata from SKET Dance
- Romano/south Italy from Hetalia
- Teto Kasane from UTAU
Definition:It comes from the two words “Baka” and “deredere”. Baka and deredere is in Japanese. Baka means idiot and deredere means “lovey dovey”. So bakadere basically a clumsy and idiotic person, who also is sweet and kind. Bakadere is mostly used by people who watch anime, or read manga. ( Source Dictionary)
Personality: Your typical bakadere is for the most part are super innocent, and sweet. However, stupidity tends to win over all their other personality traits. Let’s us not forget that most bakadere are ditz, or klutz who handle love like a small child would.
- Yui Hirasawa from K-On!
- Ichigo Momomiya from Tokyo Mew Mew
- Mashiro Shiina from The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
- Yoshiko Hanabatake from Aho-Girl
- Muja Kina from Yandere Simulator
Definition: A byoukidere refers to a character who is very sweet and kind, but suffers from a physical disease, usually a fatal one. They generally have two fates: one is that they die, and the other is they get some miraculous cure (usually at the hands of the hero). In the case of the latter, they usually end up being the one chosen by the hero. Many byoukideres are confined to wheelchairs or need assistance in getting around. Byoukideres are not a very common dere type. ( Source Wiki Fandom)
Personality: Byoukidere is gentle at heart, they kind, super helpful, and just sweet in nature. You do not usually see a byoukidere who is aggressive definitely when it comes to love … they tend to be on the shy side, and very reserved in front of others.
- Hyatt from Excel Saga
- Raquel from Wild Arms 4
- Sakura Hagiwara from Yandere Simulator
- Menma from Anohana
- Nagisa from Clannad
Definition: A dandere type refers to a character who is often silent and to themselves. The “dan” in dandere comes from the Japanese word “danmari” meaning “silence”, and the “dere” comes from “deredere”, which means “lovey dovey”. ( Source Wiki Fandom)
Personality: A dandere is usually the shy quiet type, except for when they are alone with the one they love. More often than not a dandere does want to be social, but is either too scared or too embarrassed to talk. They usually have fear of something that might come off wrong, or awkward is what generally keeps a dandere quiet. However, once they become friends with they are the cute, and happy type.
- Hinata Hyuuga from Naruto
- Yuki Nagato from The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya
- Fuuka Yamagishi from Persona 3
- Elize Lutus from Tales of Xillia
- Yuri from Doki Doki Literature Club!
- Mikuru Asahina from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
- Nagisa Furukawa from Clannad
- Nodaka Miyazaki from Mahou Sensei Negima!
- Taro Yamada from Yandere Simulator
- Amai Odayaka from Yandere Simulator
- Oka Ruto from Yandere Simulator
Definition:A deredere, often written as “dere-dere”, refers to a character who is completely kind, happy, and energetic.
Personality: Deredere, they are general optimistic, and joyful. This type of dere is know for spreading happiness to those around them. No matter what the situation may be, they are able to quickly go back to being cheerful! let’s not forget that deredere entire character archetype centers on their love for a single character. What makes this dere different from the other dere is how they are unfazed if another girl is getting along with their main love.
- Otome Arisugawa from Aikatsu!
- Zessica Wong from Aquarion Evol
- Yuki Abe from Nishitaro
- Tsukasa Hiiragi from Lucky Star
- Chiyo Sakura from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
- Rikka Takanashi from Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
- Kouko „Roboko“ Kaga from Golden Time
- Spain from Hetalia
- Blanki from D.GG
- Kise Ryouta from Kuroko no basket
- Rinko Yamato from Ore Monogatari
- Hanako Yamada from Yandere Simulator
- Ruko Yokune from UTAU
Definition: A hajidere refers to a character who is very nervous and embarrassed around their crush. (Source Wiki Fandom)
Personality: Hajider, they are basically a dandere, but to the extreme. Blushing constantly near the one they love, and evening fainting due to shyness. This type of dere has big time trouble when it comes to confessing their love.
- Kosaki Onodera from Nisekoi
- Sawako Kuronuma from Kimi ni Todoke (partially)
- Sota Mochizuki from Confession Executive Committee ~Love Series~
Definition: Undere is a character that always says yes to the person that she or he loves. They will agree as much as possible. so they can become as close as they can to their love interest. ( Source Shy Nerd)
Personality: Alright so the best way to describe undere personality is by combining a deredere, dandere, and a splash of yandere. This fun formula will create a undere! If you ask me they are just a bag of crazies.
- Hikari Hinamoto form Tokimeki Memorial 2
Definition: A dorodere , also known as “doredere”, refers to a character who acts nice and normal on the outside, but is deeply disturbed on the inside. ( Source Wiki Fandom)
Personality: This dere has yangire or yandere throughts, but they do not act on them. They keep their crazy thoughts to themselves. Basically cute on the outside, but made insane on the inside!
- Sayori from Doki Doki Literature Club!
- Nagito Komaeda from Danganronpa
- Mikado Ryuugamine from Durarara!!
- Masaya Aoyama from Tokyo Mew Mew
Definition: A mayadere refers to a character who is often a dangerous antagonist of a series, but switches sides after falling in love with another character. ( Source Wiki Fandom)
Personality: Maydere at first may want to kill you, but if they fall in love with you may be safe. I say this because a mayadere is very deadly, and unpredictable!
- Esdeath from Akame ga Kill!
- Yami chan from To Love Ru
- Ash (Unit A-28) from Ex Astris
- Delta from Mecha-Mimi
- Elizasleyn from Kamidori Alchemy Meister
- Kageyama Ouka from Minna Daisuki Kozukuri Banchou
- Kaminari Taiko from Galzoo Island
- Kikura Shioji from PriministAr
Definition: A yandere refers to a character who starts out nice and sweet, but eventually becomes dark and obsessive over the one they love. They become stalkers and use violence on, and possibly even murder, any person who gets close to their love interest — even if they’re too shy to simply speak with that person they have a crush on. ( Source Wiki Fandom)
Personality: A yanadere may seem like a normal person, they appear happy, social, and usually very well liked by those around them. However, there is one thing that makes a yandere crazy … love. Love turns a yandere absolutely bonkers, and often violent. Fear is also a big factor. If they fear the one they love is being taken from them … they will do about anything to prevent that from happening, and I mean anything. They become either obsessive or very possessive.
- Ayano Aishi (Yandere-chan) from Yandere Simulator
- Ryoba Aishi from Yandere Simulator
- Kotonoha Katsura from School Days
- Sekai Saionji from School Days
- Catherine from Catherine
- Hitagi Senjogahara from Nisemonogatari
- Hatsune Miku from Vocaloid (in certain songs)
- Mayu from Vocaloid
- Tei Sukone from UTAU
- Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki
- Kimmy Howell from No More Heroes 2
- Tokisaki Kurumi from Date a Live
- Monika from Doki Doki Literature Club!
- Yuri from Doki Doki Literature Club!
- Sayori from Doki Doki Literature Club! (only in bad end)
- Kinko Watanabe from Nishitaro
- Shion Sonozaki from Higurashi: When they cry
- Mayu Sakuma From Idol M@ster Cinderella Girls
- Makina from Midori No Umi
- Ringo Oginome from Penguindrum
- Yukako Yamagishi from Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable
- Ayase Aragaki from Oreimo
- Maika Saito from I love you so I have to kill you
- Miki Hijirisawa from Yandere na Shimai ni Shirokujichuu Aishi Tsukusareru ~Ninshin Suru no wa Watashi! Anata no Idenshi o Shikyuu de Hagukumitai no!~
- Giffany from Gravity Falls
- The Knight from Elisa The Innkeeper
Here are some other dere types that do not end with dere, but are fun to know! I will not give the definition to each of the following I am listing for I think I will do a separate post for these dere’s.
I had a lot of fun researching the different types of dere’s! I hope you guys enjoyed reading this blog post as much as I did writing it. As Always thank you for stopping by it is greatly appreciated.